1,000 Gallon Concrete Septic Tank Overview
Our 1000 gallon septic tank, made with precast concrete, is designed to hold 1000 gallons of liquid. This mid-seam style concrete septic tank offers the ability to run the pipe from the house to either one of its side or center inlets. The same option is available on the outlet of the tank, going out to the leach field from its side, or out of its middle outlet. Polylok IV closed-end boots are used for the tank’s penetrations, giving a flexible, watertight connection to the pipe entering and leaving the precast structure. Meets all best-practice requirements of ASTM C 1227 & NPCA.
|1000 Gallon Septic Tank Dimensions & Details|
|Tank dimensions||8’ x 5’8” x 5’2”|
|Number of bedrooms supported||Formerly 2
Now used as a pump station, holding tank, or adding to an existing system
|Ideal for high water table||No, but our 1000 gallon monolithic septic tank is.|
|Average retail cost||$1000|
|Number of covers (lids)||2|
|Can come in traffic rated (H20) capacity||Yes|
|Concrete strength||5,000 PSI|
|What are its gallons per vertical inch||21|
|Number of inlets boots (Up to schedule 40 pipe can slide through)||3|
|Height of inlet from bottom of tank to bottom of pipe||51”|
|Number of outlets boots (Up to schedule 40 pipe can slide through)||3|
|Height of outlet from bottom of tank to bottom of pipe||48”|
|Required height of inlet baffle (20% of liquid level)||9”|
|Required height of outlet baffle (40% of liquid level)||18”|
Frequently Asked Questions
How much does a 1000 gallon concrete septic tank cost?
Answer: The average retail cost for a 1000 gallon concrete septic tank is $1000.
What is the most common septic tank size?
Answer: Nationwide it is a 1000 gallon septic tank, but in New Hampshire it is rarely used as a septic tank. When the Department of Subsurface (DES) revised the state rules in 2012 it pretty much made it obsolete as a specified tank size in NH. They are now used as a pump station, holding tank, or adding capacity to an existing septic system.
Is it ideal for high water table properties?
Answer: For properties with high water tables you want a monolithic septic tank where the seam is at the very top of the septic tank. Our 1000 gallon septic tanks come in both mid-seam and monolithic models.
How much does a 1000 gallon concrete septic tank weigh?
Answer: Our 1000 gallon tanks weigh around 8,600 lbs, but it varies slightly among precast manufacturers depending on the dimensions, wall thickness, floor & top thickness and rebar reinforcement.
How deep is a 1000 gallon septic tank?
A 1,000 gallon concrete septic tank is typically 4' 8" deep.
How many bedrooms does a 1000 gallon septic tank support?
Answer: In New Hampshire it use to be several, then two, and now a 1250 gallon septic tank is the minimum requirement. A 1000 gallon tank is now used as a holding tank or pump station in NH, or adding capacity to an existing septic design.
Can you drive over a 1000 gallon septic tank?
It depends on its design rating. We manufacturer it in 3 variations: H-10 is for pedestrian traffic with 300 lbs. of live load per square foot plus 3’ of burial depth. HD is for burial depth up to 5’. H-20 is for drive over traffic and up to 6’ of burial depth.
1000 Gallon Septic Tank Dimensions, Features/Details*
- 1000 gallon septic tank is used in 2 bedroom systems.
- Often used as a pump station.
- Was the standard size in NH for many years, is the standard in Maine.
- This is the smallest size recommended for use as a grease trap.
- Is delivered pre-assembled for ease of installation
* Details shown are NH-specific; for details of other states’ specifications.
You may also be interested in these popular precast concrete septic tanks.
- Precast Concrete Septic Tank – 1250 Gallons
- Precast Concrete Septic Tank – 1250 Gallons Monolithic
- Precast Concrete Septic Tank – 1500 Gallons Monolithic
- Precast Concrete Septic Tank – 1600 Gallons
- Precast Concrete Septic Tank – 1600 Gallons Monolithic
- Precast Concrete Septic Tank – 2000 Gallons
- Precast Concrete Septic Tank – 2000 Gallons Monolithic
- Precast Concrete Septic Tank – 1025/275 Gallons
- Precast Concrete Septic Tank – 1250/350 Gallons
- Precast Concrete Septic Tank – 1250/350 Gallons Monolithic
- Precast Concrete Septic Tank – 1250/500 Gallons
- Precast Concrete Septic Tank – 1500/500 Gallons Monolithic